1. Are Sunipix images copyright protected?
Yes, our images are protected by copyright. We do not want our images to be “orphans”, so that people misuse it for their narrow ends. Our images were taken over many years and some of them in extreme weather conditions, hence we do not want our images to be part of the public domain*. However, you are free to use our images.
(*Public domain images can be used for any purposes without restrictions, whereas our copyrighted images cannot be used in pornographic, libelous, obscene or defamatory materials or in scams to cheat customers.)
2. Can I use the images for free?
Yes, you may use all our images for free of cost for personal or business use. You can make as many copies of our images.
3. May I use Sunipix images for designing websites for my clients?
Yes, you can use our images in your personal or clients websites/blogs.
4. Can I use the images for publication?
Yes, you may use our images in any publication (books, journals, newspaper, handouts, and brochure). You shall not use our images in pornographic, libelous, obscene or defamatory material or in scams to cheat customers.
5. Can I use the images for movies?
Yes, you may use our images for making independent or commercial movies. You may also use our images for documentaries/television broadcasting.
6. Can I use low resolution Sunipix images for resale purposes?
The following table shows the usage restriction of low resolution Sunipix images.
|Postcard||Not free (inquire)|
|Cups, Mousepad, Stationery||Not free (inquire)|
|Clothing (Apparel)||Not free (inquire)|
7. Can I buy high resolution images?
Yes, you can contact us by e-mail to order high resolution images (Maximum 1 MB size). You may send the payment through PayPal (email@example.com).
8. May I use Sunipix images for resale purposes?
You can buy high resolution images from us for resale purposes (read the “Download” section) (non-exclusive use) (license valid for three years).
9. How do I crop an area of interest from a picture with multiple objects (eg., a red colored button from a group of buttons in the category Web Button)?
Use a photo editing software (eg., Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Photo Editor) to crop the area/object of interest.
10. How do I acknowledge the images downloaded from Sunipix?
Photo courtesy: Sunipix.com and/or linking back to our website www.sunipix.com by giving credit and supporting the Sunipix website for any pictures you used on your website or alongside any commercial or non-commercial printed use.
11. May I use Sunipix logos?
You may use Sunipix logos only to acknowledge our images in movies, television broadcasting, publishing or to acknowledge our images in web designs.
12. Can I use Sunipix images as a trademark?
No, Sunipix images are not to be used as a trademark or logo. Sunipix images are protected by copyright.